I am very excited to share with you that I am officially signed up for the Sarasota Music Half Marathon.
Date: Sunday, February 8, 2015
Start Time: 7:00 a.m.
Start / Finish: Start at Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, over the Ringling Bridge and back, pass Selby Gardens, up Orange Ave into the Cherokee Park neighborhood, back through Selby Gardens and finish at Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall!
Discounted entry fee ends Dec. 31, 2014!
I have been trying to find a way to get myself motivated to run. Rather than wait til 2015, I am starting now! I will be running two half marathons at the beginning of the year. One is this one, and the other is the Sarasota First Watch. I am offering a free entry to the Sarasota Music Half Marathon to you! See below for details on how to win.
I will be following this training plan. (Unless I find something I like better... you have any good ones?)
I am really excited about this, but I am also really realistic. I know that I am probably not going to have an epic, fast time, but I look forward to pushing myself and feeling good about myself. At the end of the day, I only have to impress the "gal" in the mirror right?
Here's What You Get:
|courtesy of Sarasota Music Half Marathon's website|
- Gourmet Athlete Post Race Brunch with Signature Mimosas, French Toast Crostini Topped with Syrup, Strawberries & Whipped Cream, Scrambled Eggs, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Freshly Baked Mini Muffins, Biscuits & Bagels, Cream Cheese, Whipped Butter & Fruit Preserves, Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers & Onions, Fresh Fruit & Berries with Freshly Snipped Mint, Bananas & Oranges.
- Motown Party with Reverend Barry & Funktastic Soul featuring the Hellacious Horns.
- Enjoy the botanical gardens as you run through Selby Gardens at Mile 10.
- Girl Scout Cookie Zone
- Really cool tech t-shirt (Yes, we have separate shirts for boys and girls!)
- A great finisher’s medal that doesn’t weigh 5 lbs.
- Post-race beer party (21+)
- A 13.1 mile moving party!
Sure to be an inspiring run! What are you waiting for? Register today for the coveted free entry!