RETHINK YOUR DAY???
Two weeks ago, I finally admitted that something was going on with my health, and I went to the doctor. I had been having some female issues for the last month, and things were not going away on their own. With a history of ovarian cancer in my family, I knew I couldn't wait. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be cancer! YAY! I do have a cyst and a whole bunch of fibroid tumors, but thank God for no cancer. These things are, however, causing me a lot of pain and some other issues. As a result, I am "benched." Yep, that means no working out. I am able to go for short, easy walks, but no heavy lifting and no running. Well, as someone who is still trying to lose weight, this is awful news!
So now I have to Rethink my Day... everyday. I decided to come up with some ideas that will help me stay healthy without exercise.
Ten Easy Things You Can Do when Exercising is not possible
1. While watching TV... stretch. Just because you can't workout, doesn't mean you can't work on your flexibility.
2. Keep a bottle of water within reach all day. The more water, the less cravings. (As an emotional eater, and this whole thing is emotional. The more water I have, the less I feel like eating. This is also good because then I get more "short, easy walks" to the bathroom! See, this is me being optimistic!)
3. Track what you are eating. (I need to write down every morsel of food I eat throughout the day so that I can be sure to stay true to my goals.)
4. After tracking all day, it is important to reflect on it. (I have picked out a journal where I will write and reflect on my day.)
5. Exercising has always helped people relieve stress, and when you cannot do that, you need a new way to let go. Sit quietly for 10 minutes every day. That means no TV, no social media, nothing! (I am not going to call it meditating because I don't really know how to do that. I am betting this is something similar.)
6. Get more sleep! You need to make sure that you get at least 8 hours a night. (I will journal about this as well. I look forward to getting a Polar Loop to help with this.)
7. Explore more recipes in the kitchen. (I am not a cook, but now that I have more time, I will try some new things.)
8. Don't sit longer than 30 minutes. (Sometimes my pain is too bad to walk, but this is my goal.)
9. Get outside. Fresh air does amazing things for stress!
10. Stare longingly at your medal rack and yearn for the day when you are healthy and ready to "play" again! (One thing I know is that I miss exercise. I will be ready to be very serious about my workout plans! No more excuses)
What positive changes are you making in your life to
achieve better balance and health? Tag your
photos/posts/tips showing how you #rethinkyourday
with the #rethinkyourday hashtag.
GIVEAWAY TIME!Who wants to win this limited edition Polar Tech Shirt? I only have one and it's a medium. You cannot buy this shirt anywhere! Fill out the Rafflecopter below! I am also giving away a second and third prize too. You can win a Polar tee or a Polar Water Bottle.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I am also giving away a copy of Eli Sapharti's new book. Check out the giveaway here. He went from Fat Boy to Fit Man! From 300 lbs to 180... Check it out!
a Rafflecopter giveaway