Last year, Bryce and I ran the Color Me Rad race with some of our friends. It was a blast. I am so glad that Bryce's buddy Jackson and his family was able to come with us. It made the day ever better. You can read about it here: http://www.mindysfitnessjourney.com/2013/05/color-us-rad-at-color-me-rad-and.html
Our tips for success:
1. Dress in white! Wear as much white as possible. It will allow you to get as colorful as possible!
2. Get there early and stay late! Make a day of it. It's so much fun to enjoy the music and color before and after the race. Don't be in a hurry!
3. Bring your camera or phone but put it in a plastic baggie. You will want to take tons of pictures and video. It's a blast.
4. Don't run for time. If you are a runner who only wants to PR, I would skip this race. It's not meant for that. It's a chance to get your mom, dad, kids, and neighbors out to have fun. There are walkers, runners, and even some who skip. It's just fun!
5. Bring a change of clothes and lots of towels. At the end of the race, you will be a mess. You will want to change or put some towels down in your car. The clean up is fun, but be prepared to have blue ear wax and snot... LOL... yep I said it! :)
Getting pumped up to start!
It really was amazing. I hope that they will join us again this year on May 24th.
We cannot wait til this year's. We will be running this race on May 24th in Tampa. There are many other places where this is run. You can win 2 entries to run this race in your city in the rafflecopter below.
If you don't win, you can save 20% on your registration right now! The code
Register here: http://www.colormerad.com/.
Have you run a color race? Why would you want to?
Enter for a chance to win an entry to any Color Me Rad in the country: